Thursday 17 January 2013

Sweet Shop

Sweet Shop Detail
Since I work near the Sweet Shop, I stop by a lot during the school year with my colleagues to grab some Dippin Dots, since as far as I know, this is probably one of the only places that sells Dippin Dots besides amusement parks and an obscure location in Mountain View.
The décor of the Sweet Shop is amazing; it's definitely one of those smalltown Los Altos things that Los Altos needs. During the day, you'll see adults catching up over a cup of coffee, and afterschool, you'll see the place filled with Santa Rita and Egan kids who are yearning for a cookie or froyo. It's comfortable and cozy, and just a great place in general.
It's definitely very pricey though. I've stopped by for lunch to grab a North Shore and a cream soda. The North Shore is FANTASTIC. It's fig jam. You'd think jam in an otherwise salty dish would be weird, but it tastes great! It's large enough to fill you up but pretty expensive. They also have this Pink Frosting Cookie that I think tastes like banana but is amazing. It's a $3 cookie, but so good! Definitely on the overly sweet side, but it's one of the softest, chewiest, most delicious cookies I've ever had. Sweet Shop actually imports their cookies from a bakery in the area which I found interesting.
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop
Sweet Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment